View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:04 AM

Default Re: A sub-point

[ QUOTE ]

We'll agree to disagree, but you are projecting here, and I get the feeling you've never been in the work force, or your experiences are very limited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even in the interview, corporations want you to do everything for them and be perfect. It's a very authoritative system.

[ QUOTE ]
(1) Most people thrive in an environement where they have mentors and people who are their "bosses." (2) if you define all bosses as being bad and evil people who yell at people and take advantage of them, then you clearly have a naive and limited view of the work world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you question me, what evidence do you have to back this up? I'd love to see survey data asking people's opinion of their bosses.

[ QUOTE ]

I wish you knew how juvenile this makes you sound, and how it reduces any gravitas that anyone would place in any of your arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. There are many things about myself I would not mention in the workplace out of fear my boss would find out. But I would have no problem mentioning them to my coworkers.

[ QUOTE ]
Lack of intelligence and skills. You do realize that it isn't easy to start and run a business? Oh, no, you don't, because you never have. You are telling me the that the guys changing my oil at the Jiffy Lube want and can start and run their own Jiffy Lube (with me fully understanding that some can and will, but that many are just as happy doing what they do)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You know there are many independent car repair places that are just a few guys that do the work and run the business? And how do one person businesses even work in your opinion? Clearly if these people work they can't know how to run the business behind it.

[ QUOTE ]

Actaully, most aren't capable of running a business. What examples to you want me to give ... it plainly obvious that some people are cut out to be busienss owners and entrepreneurs - take risks, delay gratification, work long hours, have the smarts and discipline to pull it off - while others don't have those qualities. If you can't see this, then I again state that you are naive and inexperienced.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's necessary for everyone to start a business. You could work for yourself, or join a cooperative already running.