Old 12-11-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: A sub-point

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.
But I'm not sure I agree when you say:

[ QUOTE ]
Well then capitalism only exists in theory, and ancap is [censored] either way. I see no reason to believe you could have a "capitalist" system, i.e. where people sell their labor on the market without the state existing alongside it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you clarify? It seems to me that in a stateless society, there would certainly be a lot less wage labor, but I can certainly imagine there still being some who sell the labor on the market. And theoretically, I see nothing wrong with the idea of X and Y signing a contract in which X does some work for Y, and Y pays him or her a wage? Would this not exist in some forms in a free society?

[/ QUOTE ]

It could happen, but even if it did it would be radically different than now.. I find it unlikely that anyone would work under a capitalist when the could work in a coop or for themselves. I doubt you'd see any big corporations or such as you do now.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be fine by just about every ACer here, as long as people get to voluntarily choose what they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but i don't think capitalism would exist in an anarchist society, if it did the state would probably reform. i'm also against private ownership of capital, money, etc. having capitalists would create a hierarchical society again, which is what anarchy isn't. it's supposed to be classless.