View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Trip report/ask me about time in maximum (and minimum) security pr

[ QUOTE ]
Did you share cells or was it one to a cell?

[/ QUOTE ] shared when I was with general pop

[ QUOTE ]

What precautions could you take to avoid rape?

[/ QUOTE ]
stay away from potential rapists [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
seriously, there was this lifer at Joliet who everyone called Lola. He could bench well over 400 lbs. Seriously, a man named Lola is a man to stay away from. When it comes to your cellmate, or in your cell, there is just too much supervision from the COs (correctional officers) for it to happen unwillingly.

[ QUOTE ]

Did anyone warn you about protecting yourself from rape & assault or about not sharing personal details with others? (I suppose the question is - was there any sort of induction program for first-timers?)

[/ QUOTE ]
yep...everyone is warned about not sharing personal information. I made up a story that I was from Gettysburg, PN in oreder to share when that stuff came up. Other informal rules get passed down. For example, don't take the Little Debbie "Honey Bun" snack if it's left on your matress.

[ QUOTE ]

Could your family give you other things beside $50 per month?

[/ QUOTE ]
letters and some softcover books

seriously, letters from the outside are so huge and just lift spirits so much. Those friends who chose to write to me are forever gold in my book even if I haven't hugn out with them or seen them since.

[ QUOTE ]

This is a very interesting post. Thanks for sharing and for answering these questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty