View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 01:33 AM

Default Re: How Come No One Says Stuff Like

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"abortion is killing tiny babies that don't yet know they exist. And homosexuality is a mild sexual deviation that someone should like to change if they are presently not in a relationship. But neither is that big a deal. Killing miniscule babies that do not yet have any awareness of existing is worth doing in certain circumstances, such as important medical research or to avoid psychological trauma to a woman. And engaging in the mild sexual deviation of homosexuality is preferable to the torment some people would go through if they tried to change. Gay couples should even be allowed to be considered as adoptive parents Their gayness should be considered a mark against them but not a deal killer if they have positive attributes that more than make up for that mark.

So why doesn't anyone have the guts to say stuff like that? Especially considering the fact that this is approximately what most people (including for the most part me) actually believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's because it's idiotic to say that it isn't a big deal to kill things that don't know they exist, especially for things that will know they exist eventually. I'm not sure anyone who has rational thought would believe otherwise. To put a quantifier on it like "knowing they exist" is quite ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course it isnt idiotic. Just because you disagree doesn't make it wrong, and it DEFINITELY doesn't make it idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you agree doesn't make it right, and my opinion is that it is idiotic. To say that a life is inconsequential just because it doesn't recognize it exists is, in my opinion, idiotic.