View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 12:15 AM

Default Re: How Come No One Says Stuff Like

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
True DS is not always right but he has this nailed. Abortion isn't the same as cliping your toenails, and it is not the same as walking up to someone on the street and shooting them in the face.
But of course this isn't even his main point. He want's to know why the toenail clipper don't admit that yeah it's a human embryo, and he wants to know why the casual murder accusers don't understand that's it's an embryo. He wants to admit the strenght of the oppositions arguement. And then seeing which one is stronger. When people don't admit it why would anyone listen to them?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because they don't see it that way. Let's use a scale to illustrate. 100 is a "normal human being". 0 is a plant. Anti-abortionists consider embryos to be 100 and most abortionists consider them to be close to 0. Very few people see the middle ground. (I'm closer to the 100, but I do see issues with mothers whose lives are in danger or with rape.) You aren't going to get those people to "admit" differently because they don't believe that way. That seems very obvious to me and I'm not sure why DS wouldn't see it.

[/ QUOTE ]Becuase DS is smart enough to compare and contrast with civilian casualities in a war. Full 100 pt humans get killed in war, and any ratinoal person can't consider embryo's full 100 pts humans. So if civilian casualities are ok in war. Why not 90pt or 98pt casaulties regarding stem cells? Even tho in my opinion it's somewhere between 1-10pts.