View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: How Come No One Says Stuff Like

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's because it's idiotic to say that it isn't a big deal to kill things that don't know they exist, especially for things that will know they exist eventually. I'm not sure anyone who has rational thought would believe otherwise. To put a quantifier on it like "knowing they exist" is quite ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess you're a vegetarian and never buy any products that involve the murder of animals in their production.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for asking. Yes, I am a vegetarian and yes, I do try to buy products that don't involve the murder of animals (although it is increasing difficult.

[ QUOTE ]
as a follow up question, why is it assumed that things that have no concept of their existence have an inherent right to that existence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it a assumed that just because things have concept of existence, then they are allowed to exist? It's an arbitrary point and has no more basis than any other.

[ QUOTE ]
also, do you see a danger to the mother's health as a possible legitimate excuse for an abortion? if you do, is there a specific % likelihood of her death that would lead you to accept the abortion as ok? [ QUOTE ]

Nice slippery slope argument, but it doesn't cut. Yes, I do see the danger of birth as an issue, but not for a normal pregnant woman. If the chance is 1/1000+ (or whatever the number is), then I want to see the same woman not drive and do other things that are just as dangerous. If you don't want to be pregnant, then either don't have sex or get fixed.