View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 02:17 PM

Default Re: New Thread on 2+2\'s Statement Re the PPA

[ QUOTE ]
As a tax accountant, the PPA could be in trouble (as Sniper mentioned) by not having their Form 990 available for public inspection. It's a requirement for a 501(c)(4) organization, that it be available for inspection by the public during business hours at the organization's offices. Now, the PPA may not have had to file the form yet (if 2006 was their first year in operation), but the WHOIS for them shows the domain was created in April 2005. Thus, the PPA should have filed a Form 990 for 2005 by some date in 2006 (this will depend on their fiscal year; if they're a calendar year organization the deadline was May 15, 2006).

Given the investigation by TwoPlusTwo's attorney, and my two-minute investigation, I have serious qualms about them. Nonprofits are supposed to have transparency in their operations. The PPA may know what's going on, but it appears that the poker-playing public doesn't and won't anytime in the near future.

Finally, a check of their website found that Greg Raymer is no longer on their board of directors. Additionally, I sent an email to the PPA asking them to reply in this thread.

-- Russ Fox

[/ QUOTE ]