View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Hold \'Em or Fold \'Em (part 1)

Hands 1 and 2 I would fold against most opponents. Also, in your QQ's hand, if you cant trust your opponent enough to fold on the river, then you probably shouldve check/called the turn.

About hand 3. To me this hand is much closer to a call than the other hands and with no read I would pay off. The question is however, is check/calling better than bet/calling with your 99s? I think in many cases check/calling will be better becuz most online players will realize you probably have Ace high and they will tend to correctly bet any pair, and sometimes they will have no hand at all and you will will pick up an extra bet by inducing a bluff.

This situation happens alot online where your opponent will bet any lesser hand youre trying to attack by value betting. When this is the case, you should never bet since now you will get to make the same amount of money as if you made a value bet without ever facing an uncomfortable raise. You also make additional money when you snap his bluffs.

Depending on the nature of your opponent you mayve been in the situation I described above. When OOP on the river with a decent holding, always think about the type of lesser hands youre attacking by value betting. If youre opponent will bet with these lesser hands if you check then a value bet will cost you money.