Thread: Allen Iverson
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Allen Iverson

[ QUOTE ]
Since most of the early talk seemed to be centering around the Wolves, here's what the trade would probably look like:

Randy Foye - 3 mil/yr (rookie contract)
Ricky Davis - 6 mil/yr, (contract up in '08)

One of the following players, whose contracts aren't up until 2010, would also have to be thrown in to balance the salaries.

Mark Blount - 6 mil/yr
Troy Hudson - 6 mil/yr
Marco Jaric - 7 mil/yr

This trade makes sense from the Wolves perspective, but not so much for the Sixers. They get Foye and some cap room in '08, but they also would have to take on an overpaid player for the next 4 years, in the form of Jaric, Hudson or Blount.

I think Philly could probably get more elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this. Definitely if this trade happens Randy Foye (2.5 mill) a year is going to go, along with Ricky Davis (6 mill). Next is probably either Hudson (5.5 mill) or Jaric (5.5 mill) since Philly's going to need a PG. I doubt they take Blount (6 mill) because he is overpaid and they have Dalembert. The last piece is probably going to be Eddie Griffin (3 mill), or maybe Hassell (4 mill). They might be able to get a better player somewhere else, but I don't think they'll be able to get an overall solid but not great package like this from any other team.