View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Argument with co-worker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive been working at my job much longer than him. He seems like a slacker. Example:
Every time when I come in at 7:00 I relieve him right away and let him relax for the last half hour. When he has to relieve me he will go and get coffee and a newspaper and take his sweet old time and relieve me exactly at 730.

[/ QUOTE ]

So his shift starts at 7:30 and he comes early to work so he'll be ready to start on time...and that makes him a slacker in your books. Well done.

There is no social contract that says that he needs to do his job longer than he's required to specifically to benefit you. It was nice of you to offer to let him go early last time, but it doesn't mean that he's obligated to do it for you, or to let it slide when you show up late and drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, our shifts overlap. There's a half hour there where two people are doing the job.

Guess most of the people think Im in the wrong. Its just a part time job, until I graduate. If this was my career job, I wouldn't show up smelling like a brewery but it isnt therefore I tend to slack off some.