View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Odds, but a lot of chips early

you're clearly beat. First off, the min raise. Lol. Even if he is just min raising with top pair, hes got you outkicked. The thing I always tell people when asking me for advice on how they played a hand, I tell them to think "What hand CAN I beat?" then also ask yourself "Would he be raising me here with THAT hand?" Really the only hand you can beat here is Q8 (or lower kicker) or a hand with a 10 in it (A 10). Would he really raise you half of his chips with top pair no kicker or a striaght draw that he TURNED? Probably not. To me it seems like he has either 8 10 or K 10. K 10 seems more likely cause people chase any draw, espically early in tournaments, though 8 10 was open ended. The other thing to consider too is; Are you hoping to hit your open ender (which would be a 1 liner) to chop the pot? Even if you hit it, you wont even have the nuts. Bad spot to be in. I would have to say dump it and find a better spot. Id rather push all in and put fold equity in someone then to call off all my chips with such a marginal hand like Q 10 in that spot.