View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 04:22 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers: Special Fraud Edition

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to start a tinfoil-hatted conspiracy theory, I'm legitimately curious if the poker site ends up ultimately benefiting from these scenarios, although if they do it's unintentional I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use to own an internet ecommerce site. As a credit card merchant, you are normally paid withing 72 hours after you have an approved credit card and close the batch. Within 2 months, you may receive a chargeback request for the merchant processor. In my case, my customer was not satisfied with their goods, or they claim they never received it, or someone stole their credit card. The credit card companies would then ask for my side of the story, I could then send them documentation about the case. On a stolen card, eventually the merchant processor would electronically reverse the original transaction and I the merchant was out the money. This should be the case for Full Tilt, which is why they keep all funds that are from locked accounts. I doubt they are able to collect more than 25% of the fraud that they are hit for. sorry for the long answer.

Dennisa