View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: FS: Crying call correct? Play flop differently?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop reraise is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree. I think you RR'd fine b/c you don't want to spook him off which you will by betting more. But once you do that you have to understand what kind of hands he might make a big call like that with. Me, if I'm him, I'm not calling that PF with less than a high pocker pair or high suited. In which case you are either beat by a straight or a set. I definitely don't bet $10 after the flop. That's an overbet to me and alot of people will call that. Then once they do, you are put in an all-in situation and you really have no idea what to do. You lucked out on this one but to me you're gonna lose alot of $ by playing this type of hand this way over the long term.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of rationale is this? This min raise is bad. People are likely to call a min raise no matter what. So you just paid for zero information. You pop this guy with a decent raise and you can put him on a tighter range when he calls. That way when he does donk-bet into me I can make an informed decision whether I want to re-pop him for $10 or get out now.