View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Because I might be bored at work

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Axs (keep in mind 1/2 of the Axs hands here have very good equity here given their combodraw+2pr outs+chop outs)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think this is incorrect and probably plays a not insignificant role when looking at SBs hand range. The board has the AcKc and I hold As. The Ahxh (1/4 not 1/2) is therefore the only Ax hand with "very good equity".

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Axs hand has 10 outs for a chop and 3 outs for a win. Axhh has 10 outs for a chop and 12 outs for a win. I'm not stating that their equity is great vs yours, just that there isn't much value specifically vs Axs if other better hands are included in the mix, which I've been arguing should be the case; it's not like you can have Axs absolutely crushed here because of the rather large possibility of a river chop. He's rarely got worse than an OESD here in terms of overall equity.

Note also that I said that 1/2 of the Axs combos (there are only 2 combo) have very good equity. The other one doesn't have bad equity, but it's not good. It's a technicality but I just wanted to make sure that you understood that I was pointing out that AXhh has very good equity, AXdd has "ok" equity (but is in far from bad shape). When combined you certainly aren't crushing them, though HU vs just Axs here you would definitely raise, if you knew there was no way your opponent could get away from 1pr on the river.

Rob