View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Because I might be bored at work

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting stuff. How exactly do you come up with all these equity percentages? Is that just form spending tons of time with pokerstove? It is all pretty impressive yet I am unsure how practical or accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the equity stuff was stove. It was giving him some slowplayed preflop hands of AA and KK and some hands he should 3bet but we don't know if he does, like AQ, as well as some suited broadway hands that he probably shouldn't play like this but does sometimes (KTs, QJs, QTs, KJs), and a range of suited Aces as well. Then I gave the monkey in the middle a range which included pairs and gutters, mostly. Lots of Kx and Qx hands hoping to hit 2pr. You were both around 45% equity and monkey was 10%, but it looked to me like even though you have 45% equity vs his bet you have so much less (but still enough to call) vs a turn raise. The only occasion where a turn raise is "easy" is when he won't 3bet KQ and AQ because then he only has 8 hands he can 3bet with (JTs, AA, KK). The doublesuitedness of the board and the fact that he coldcalled make this a pretty interesting hand because, like Surf said, he's got a narrow selection of a wide range of hands.

If you're positive you can't call a 3bet then raising is close, but again it depends on how the river gets played. You're clearly getting enough overlay to raise in this spot but the 3-bet should hurt badly enough that it makes the hand shift, in my mind.

The only way I think it becomes a clear raise is when we define SB's hand as narrowly as some people have done -- Axs and suited broadway -- but the problem with that is that it really negates a full range of hands that are very possible given how little we know about our opponent.

Rob