View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 07:26 PM

Default Re: FAQ on WATCHES (x-post from \"I bought myself something\")

[ QUOTE ]
what would u rather buy, a Movado or Monte Blanc? plz give reasons. (bankroll doesnt matter, and plz show pics of a watch u wud pic from each company)

[/ QUOTE ]

First thing - if "bankroll doesn't matter," you wouldn't catch me buying either watch I'm afraid. But, in the spirit of the question, I will answer accordingly.

My personal style and preference leans heavily towards the watches of Mont Blanc over Movado. In fact, looking through the Movado site, there isn't a single watch that I like particularly.

What you've all got to remember, and I told someone this in a PM, a watch is the single accessory you will wear the most throughout your life other than maybe a wedding band. Personally, I think you should put a lot of thought into the type of watch you wear. A watch says a lot about a guy/girl. I find Movado delicate un-masculine watches.

FYI I don't know how to put an image in a post so I'm going to have to give links until someone helps me out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Here is the link to the Mont Blanc I'd get:

http://www.montblanc.com/products/gm...atic.36065.php

It's a classic looking yet modern timepiece. The arms/hands are slightly unusual and the black wrist band and silver make it a versatile watch. You can wear it with just about anything.