View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Because I might be bored at work

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe his understanding of poker theory is great.Not raising from SB with AQ to knock a bad playing BB out can't be a bigger mistake than making value raises on turn based on the fact that your opponent can't have a certain hand because he didn't reraise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO not reraising AQ here in villain's shoes is a mistake because you let the BB correctly call with small PPs and non-dominated junk like 96 that has 6 live outs against your hand, and who will collect bets from you postflop when he hits. If villain flatcalled AA or KK that is a different story b/c the BB now doesn't have odds to chase those crappy hands b/c he is so severely dominated.

If we're not making value-raises b/c we narrowed our opponent's range down to logical hands using his actions as a guide, when are we value-raising, just with nuts and near-nuts?

If villain raises, there are 3 coldcalls and I 3bet, and he flatcalls i know 100% he doesn't have AA or KK, so if i flop a baby set and there is an A or K or both on the board i'm 100% confident my hand is best (vs him) so i'm going to try and take him to valuetown. If he reraises me and I start getting scared of AA/KK i'm not playing good poker, i'm playing MUBS poker.

[ QUOTE ]

And in any case I agree with what you're saying about the flop checkraise. If we think that him not raising preflop is a sign of weakness doesn't the fact that he is checkraising the flop mean more strength than it usually would?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've talked with Entity and thought about it and I agree that his flop c/r and lead is pretty strong, stronger than I gave him credit for initially - but I still feel that unless he did something bizarre like CC AQ(which, as i said would be a mistake) his most likely holdings are speculative suited stuff and Axs which are calling b/c the BB is fishy.

Surf