View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 12:30 PM

Default Limit 5 Card Draw

Okay, so I played my very first session last night online of .50-1 L5CD and loved it. Probably helped that I doubled up in about an hour, but on the surface, there seems to be more to the game than I had previouisly thought. I am new to the game so any strategy tips would be helpful. Here are some of my thoughts, please correct me if I am way off:

Starting hands: In genreal, I stuck to pairs of T's or higher, but position seemed important like in any game. I also obv. played 2 pairs, sets and I did play some 4 flush and 4 str8s but they seem like big longshots to play usually. I can see how really high card 3 flsuh and str8s might be a bit more playable for their poss. of pairing a high card as in stud. Small pairs I stayed away from.

Blinds: Ended up mucking a lot in both with a marg hand and with a riase etc. Not sure how to play the blinds in this game

Raising PD-I did this with bigger pairs and some 2 pairs and sets etc. I tried to mix it up to not be too obvious though.

Discards-Very important to keep track of who is dissing how many cards.

Bluffing-Def possible in this game, esp in LP at times.

Breaking up 5 card hands: I did this a few times when I got a dealt boat. Is this standard? Seems like if you stand pat that it is way too obv. of what you may have

Seems like there is a lot of strategy in htis game and I assume a lot more in Pot limit and NL as well.

THoughts?