View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Bet Owes Me 20k

It really concerns me that if I end up losing or winning a lot really quickly, especially heads-up, that some doofus at the site who possibly doesn't even really know much poker is going to conclude that I colluded.

Recall the way that Jeff guy (I think it was) talked down to TeddyFBI's Mom in that case on Stars (that thankfully got corrected and hopefully taught Stars a valuable lesson).

I'm sure that Jeff's logic that he actually shared in the e-mail is similar to the logic that the other fraud-detection types have that they are not sharing.

Fraud-detection person has an attitude of, "I've played a lot of poker before and I already know that poker just doesn't work that way" and this is probably how this stuff gets going.

It's an attitude actually not too far removed from all the rigged-conspiracy theorists who say that they've been playing poker for years and years and can tell when the "cards just aren't right" or something like that.

It's just really narrow-minded thinking.
They don't care to even ask the 'suspect' what the hell was going on.
They just see some hands that they think look funny and conclude, "He's cheating. Lets take his money."

really horrible that they seem to go straight from calling it a 'routine check' to 'we're taking all your money' with nothing (including the slightest bit of communication) in-between.