View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Paying For Picks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so what your saying is I need to find a reliable one! (lol)

alright anyway has this topic been discussed alot and is there anyone out there right now thats paying for picks and preferably has done so for a year or more ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No what I'm saying is in my experience there isn't anyone selling picks on the internet that are worth paying for. I phrased it the way I did, as its theoretically possible that someone legit exists out there. But I seriously doubt it.

Philosophically, it doesn't make any sense. if you had the ability to make strong, reliable sports betting picks you're not going to sell them. You're going to build a syndicate and/or grow your bankroll significantly and exploit the edges yourself, not sell them to others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. If you're a winning handicapper, why not place your bets, and then sell them to make more $$$$? Even if you're the best sports bettor in the world, there is still risk involved, as it's pretty common knowledge there's no such thing as a true lock (with the exception of my cfb play of the year which is now 2-0 dating back to my first poty in 2005 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). But the $$$ you make from selling your picks IS a lock.

Whenever this topic is brought up, people rarely mention that a winning sports bettor is very likely to have the same poor bankroll/money management and/or other leaks (i.e. pit games, poker, bad investments, etc.) as a winning poker player. Why not take the guaranteed $$$ which come from selling your picks? In the best case scenario, you put together a string of consecutive winning years, build your customer base, and grow your business.

Also, theoretically is there not a point where your bankroll grows so large that you as an individual cannot exploit all of your edges with the maximum wagers you would like?