View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Bottom Set vs. 4_2_It

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember this hand, but I hope that I folded to your bet and didn't look up your missed flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit - I think I remember now. I was not drawing to nearly as many outs as I thought. Nicely played.

I am curious, what hand does everyone think I had?

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2, what circumstances (ie hand value, bet size, timing, etc) would you have to see in order for the possibility of calling on suspicion of a missed flush draw on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any stats on hero so I figured he was the typical Absolute player who does not wake up unles they have a hand, so I gave him credit for something like KQ, KT with an outside shot at KJ or other odd two-pair. I knew he was most likely not on a flush draw (see next paragraph).

I had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (if I remember correctly) and was considering a 3-bet push for a nano-second, but with the deep stacks I knew I was only getting called by a set. I thought that any spade, Q or A would make my hand good as long as it didn't pair the board. I believed (wrongly) that I was getting okay pot odds and great implied odds (especially if Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits) with these stack sizes. (This is a great example of the Fundamental Theorem in action.)

No way am I calling anything other than a total river donk bet of something like $2 because I am beat here 99% of the time.