View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I guess they ran the ball decently yesterday. Problem is a lot of the good teams can stop this game plan, namely the Cowboys, Chargers when healthy, Patriots. The Vikings also do stop the running of the ball very well. I believe the Vikings have the 30th worst pass D before the game, but they played well yesterday. I guess the Bears don't have many guys who can catch the ball short? Muslim would seem like a good candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize there was a 16-30 mph crosswind throughout the game. The Bears basically didn't pass the whole second half.

The sad part is I'm starting to agree with MyTurn. Bears fans just want to see defense and running the ball down the other teams throat. While I want them to run the ball, as they run the ball more effectively it should be because of the pass and they should be able to pass if they can't run.

Most teams in the first few weeks were bringing the safety down into the box and that was why the Bears were going deep. Now if that safety is back to stop the deep pass they should be able to run. It's the inablity to get into a groove understanding when the other team will be in what that seems to be hurting the Bears right now. The offensive playcalling is not adapting to what teams are trying to do and it is putting Rex Grossman into tough situations.

The Bears need to be able to play well in ice cold windy conditions, because that is what their HFA is. The fourth quarter prevent not withstanding the Vikings never had a prayer to move the ball yeasterday. Half of it was the defense the other half was the weather. The Bears offense must find a way to play well in that weather. Because there is no team in the NFC and maybe two teams (might just be the Patriots) in the AFC that can play in that type of weather. And if the Bears see another AFC team this season, I'll be real happy.