View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 10:29 PM

Default 200NL Live - Can I fold?

Villain is borderline TAG but opens a lot of pots in position. He had stacked a guy earlier with a set of sixes vs. Aces. Stack sizes are guessed.

Villain ($450)
UTG+1 ($200)
CO ($100)
Hero ($250)
SB ($200)
BB ($300)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Villain raises to $7</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds,<font color="red"> Hero raises to $25 (squeeze play holla) </font>, SB folds, BB folds, Villain calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($60) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="red">Villain insta-shoves</font>, Hero...?

Is there any way I can fold now or do I have to stack off to jacks full? What made me second guess insta-calling is his play pre-flop. I thought he would 4-bet me with AA/KK for sure, but he could smooth call me hoping to trap more dead money in the pot, but even that seems unlikely. JJ seemed to make sense the way he played it. I don't think he makes this play with a flush draw either. It's weird, because I really hit my hand in the face and I want to fold. What do you do?