View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Questions from the Wire through episode 49.** SPOILERS THROUGH EP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4) Was Avon in any of the episodes this year? I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read in another thread that Avon retired from the show because the writers killed Stringer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really surprising if it's true. Is there any source for this rumor? Stringer had to get got.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in an interview where Wood Harris said he did not appreciate the fact that they killed off Stringer and D'Angelo Barksdale. He thought the actors were terrific and intimated that he would no longer participate in the show and had in essence moved on in his career. It also mentioned that David Simon obliged and Avon will no longer be a character in the show. I posted it in another Wire thread awhile back.

I will see if I can find it.

As for the questions asked :

1.) Omar trumped Prop Joe, instead of just going after Marlo's stash he went after the whole damn thing. Prop Joe is in a world of hurt presently.

2.) It was apparent that Chris knew why Mike wanted Bug's dad offed. I think it was also apparent that Chris had similar issues judging by that beating he put on the guy.

They never just come out and say Michael got molested or anything but I think from all the inferences and Michaels actions towards father figure males he was in fact molested. I suppose that is the realism of the show because what kid that age is going to tell the world he got molested.......... Actually more than that, what person could Michael actually trust with that information. I guess in the real world it would be Chris, a person that could immediately put an end to that situation.

3.) No idea.

4.) answered above.

This episode (49) was awesome. Then again that is a redundant statement.