Thread: .25/.50 44 hand
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 07:32 AM

Default Re: .25/.50 44 hand

A checkraise is always preferable when the pot is small, but here the pot is counting 8 sb so I think it is ok to bet right out and hope that bb raises. He does. The betting comes back to us - should we reraise and why.

let's take a look what really happened: On the turn there are 7 BB's in the pot and if he really had AA he actually had 6 strong outs. That's about 1:7 and you forced him to a mistake by not calling your bet, because he partly feared a made straight. If he had KK he folded correctly but many would have called this up anyway.

The other siuatiuon is to bet out and just call his raise. Now he do not pay for his draw but that is because we want him to believe he is ahead so our plan would probably be to checkraise the turn. On the turn there are 6 BB, he bets, we raise(9BB) . AA will have a tough time folding here and maybe he will make a crying river call. So let's assume we'll get 1,5BB extras by this play in average but we will risk the pot(7BB) + any further bets. With AA he is about 24% chance of winning on the flop so I don't think he'll pay you enough so I will abandon the slowplay.

On the turn we should also note that any 6 makes a split pot so you did fine I think.