View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 07:27 AM

Default Re: hand4 vs supalagII

[ QUOTE ]
maybe my definition is wrong, i consider someone playing 35/25 or more a super LAG, 45/30 or higher a maniac I consider 30/20-35/25 a LAG/TAG, 25/16-29/20 LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

wack,

A couple weeks ago I replied to one of your posts in what was probably an arrogant way, but the gist was I thought you were pigeonholing 35/25 type players as lag idiots. I play a lot tighter than this, and most of us successful midlim 2+2'ers do as well, but these players can still be rather dangerous. There are definitely some hard-and-fast preflop constraints in non-HU LHE that are almost certainly a mistake to violate, but there is a fair amount of room for getting slightly out of line, and (as the old cliche goes) superior postflop play can compensate for such preflop indiscretions, or even make them worthwhile.

I really think you should reconsider calling a 35/25ish player a superlag, unless you have a specific postflop read. A 35/25 can certainly be a lag idiot (with a higher probability than a 25/20), but there are so many exceptions that I don't think we can even call this a rule.