View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Re: 66 is an overpair, multiway pot

OK these responses seem weird to me. I don't see why anyone would C/R this flop, as it bloats the pot with a very vulnerable hand, and a flush draw + 2 overs would probably just shove.
River C/R seems a bit insane to me, but maybe it's good in some situations. I have only been at the table with this villain for 20 mins though, so I can't tell what he would lay down.

Preflop, I think an argument can be made for folding, calling, or raising. I opted to call.

The flop is tough. I usually wouldn't continue in this hand without a set, but I've made an overpair. I figured I would take a stab and try to take the pot down now, and reevaluate on later streets if called. I probably would lay this down to a raise unless I got some kind of a read.

On the turn, I considered betting out again, but I figured check-calling would help control the pot size and possibly widen the range of hands villain with which villain would put more money in the pot. The best result would have been for villain to check behind.

This river is really bad. I think AQ was definately in villain's range, as well as two clubs. I checked, and he bet relatively small. This looked like a value bet to me and I couldn't really put villain on any hands that I had beat so I folded.

What do you guys think of this reasoning?