View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Re: A Call for Pennsylvania Poker Players

Here is my first step. I told you all that I am a member of my Municpal Council. I also served on the school district's Act 1 Tax Panel. Anway, when there are legislative issues that profoundly affect the municipality, we pass a resolution foralizing our stance on the matter and we send a copy of the resolution to our State Reps and the legislative committee of the PLCM.

At our next Council meeting, Wednesday night, I am going to bring up this potential Bill and explain that by allowing table games of skill like poker, and table games of chance like blackjack, PA will realize more gaming revenue and thus the property tax relief promised under Act 1 will benefit our resident sooner than would be the case with slots-only gaming.

Even if I don't get the support for the resolution, I will put this issue in front of many voter, in particular, senior citizens that vote and will realize the most property tax relief

I know that there is a Mayor of another PA town on this list, maybe he should do the same.

As an aside, I talked to our local state senator back in August and brought up the fact that I would like poker at the slots parlors. I asked him what I could do to make this a reality and he told me that it was only a matter of two years because he knew it was inevitable.