View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 10:24 PM

Default Aces in loose passive games

Got a question about Aces at PLO $50 (I'm an NL$200 player and am overrolled for that, too, but after establishing that I really suck at PLO, I decided that I should play the $50 game until I can prove I am a winner).

Here's the thing, the games are extremely loose-passive. I think I see only about one preflop 3-bet an hour. So basically, it's [censored] impossible to get much of your stack in preflop.

Until now, my strategy has been to raise preflop with basically any good hand (4 connecting cards, KKQJ, QQJT, decent rundown hands, an Ace with two broadways and a dangler that suits the Ace, any AAxx, etc) and to limp in with stuff like (KK/QQ/JJ)xx where xx is garbage trying to flop a set, and to occasionally limp-rr with rundown hands and with AAxx.

I've been 3-betting preflop with AAxx and with rundown hands, but not with the hands like KKJQ that are not so hot if you get 4-bet.

But I'm never getting 4-bet preflop and I'm often stuck in spots where I need to improve to win with AAxx. So basically every time I 3-bet with rundown hands I am happy because if an A flops I take it down, and often if the flop is raggedy I've flopped a decent draw. But whenever I 3-bet with AAxx I feel lost.

Should I be 3-betting even more, with those KKQJ hands and AKQJ hands, and AKQx where x suits the A?