View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Female+sexy+skeptic = 1 in a million? // Men are better than wo

Eh, major turnoff. Women with a sense of entitlement are hardly my ideal mates - I prefer women who happen to be ugly to women who choose to be ugly.

And of course, the women who actually manage to keep their heads on straight in spite of the extreme demand end up being even more in demand.

Thus, good-looking women are -EV, at least in terms of relationships. Moreover, women who know what it's like to be ostracized will tend to be more loyal, appreciative, and serious - and they're also the only ones to relate with if you yourself have suffered ostracism.

I know where you stand Fortuna, but some of us don't want to serve or impress women. I suppose women who acknowledge an inherent desire of that kind are perfectly respectable, I'd probably be one of them if the roles were reversed, but that's not how I swing.

A woman who wants and expects to be impressed, whether as a prize to win or a goddess to curry favor with, isn't a woman I want to be around. And this is quite where the quantitative and qualitative meet. How about someone who appreciates that I'm smart, likes who I am, the feeling's mutual, and that's the end of it (as well as the beginning)? And even if I might like to be treated as such in some circumstances, I'm no god - not even close. I want to be loved as a human, warts and all, not idealized as a perfect figure who, aside from being false, is also rather boring. And I would expect the same in a partner - though of course the part about "hold me when I'm cranky" applies.