View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Small pots rag flops

Interesting thread.

Hand 1: I usually bet the flop in this spot. If I check here it is becuz i believe the UTG will bet 100% of the time If I check, then I would usually check/raise the flop unless I believed he is very capable of bluffing all streets if I play passive. So If I played the hand the way you did, that would mean im check/calling the river. Whether you should check/call the river vs this guy or check/fold is close.

Hand 2: I usually play it the same although checking the flop is ok too if you have a read that someone will always autobet if checked to. On the river I would call cuz I cant for the life of me figure out what this guy has. I do think the river play is close between check/call and bet/fold. Whether I bet the river or check/call depends on who im up against.

Hand 3: This is one of those marginal situations where all your options are close. Betting the flop seems ok to me, even check/raising seems ok vs someone who will always try to pick up the pot if checked to, and lastly check/folding is ok too in this small pot. Most often im check/folding here.