View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 01:27 AM

Default Re: What’s my play: Newspaper constantly delivered under car

Thanks again -- good tips.

btw. why in hell would you put up with this for more than a week?

Well, for quite a while I had no idea it was a problem, as my wife would leave for work early and the paper would be sitting in the driveway after she left. Even after her schedule changed, I wasn't getting the paper every morning before I left for work -- between getting kids dressed and off to school, and getting to work myself, I didn't have time to read the paper until the evening, and my wife had already brought it in by that point. It took another schedule change within the past few weeks to see just how consistently the paper was ending up under the car, which, as it turns out, was about 100% of the time.

So since I've been aware of it I've called and complained, but no, I'm not all worked up over it. I suppose I should be indignant, but my life is great, this is a small annoyance, and he's actually paying for the privilege of doing this by sacrificing his tip for this calendar year. Proportionally, the tip money he's losing represents a much greater part of his salary than it does mine, so whatever.

I think the suggestion to just keep reporting the paper as missing instead of improperly delivered is the clear winner, as that forces the paper guy (or his supervisor) to correct his mistake, and by morning two or three he should get the message that the game is over. Thanks, Lottery Larry -- good solution.