View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Female+sexy+skeptic = 1 in a million? // Men are better than wo

As far as I see it, I think it's just mostly biological. Women are CAPABLE but just don't have the testosterone and drive towards the same goals as men.

Be careful though in saying that men are better than women. This difference in drive to (career) success and other biological differences may exist (and I think they do, though I don't have any actual data other than my own observation) but in what way would you qualify this to mean women are inferior? Men may be alpha, but where would the alpha be without the pack? Behind every great man is a strong supportive and great woman. (And behind every great woman there are a dozen men staring at her ass.)

Gender differences are clearly there, but it's hard to make value statements about them because each gender's role is important to the overall functioning of the group.

Having just said all that, at first glance I would be inclined to agree with you.

But of course, we are not privy to the in-group CRAZY COMPETITIVENESS between females. I know many women and from their stories, women are more evil and back-handing bitches than the worst of men. So I think it's safe to say that women just have DIFFERENT competitive goals in life, which center more on relationship and emotional fulfillment than careers, but they are just as competitive as men are, just in those areas. Whereas guys are much less driven to success in relationships, and then when we do tell the women we care about them, they leave!!! Ha!

What a world, what a world.