Thread: IRS Audit
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Re: IRS Audit

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to what people think over the use of the Neteller Debit Card? I try to never let anything from my poker winnings ever touch a legit bank account that is in my name. I take out my poker winnings 1k at a time via neteller debit card (losing $4 per 1k to do this). I don't make any large purchases that would seem suspicious. I mostly pay for things in cash but it is almost always in small quantities. I have a normal day job and that is the only income i intend to file with the IRS. Does anyone see this as being a risky sort of behavior? I'm not making a ton of money (def not over 50K+). I've only been playing online for a few short months but I've made a reasonably good amount. Any opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

The neteller Dr card has been discussed ad nauseum in the zoo and legislation. It is NOT a way to keep your winnings out of the US banking system. The transactions are still processed by a US bank and your name is attached to the transaction. It provides no more anonymity than making neteller withdrawls to your US bank account. And 50K in untaxed income is a lot.