View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Did God Put Ancient Earthquakes On Faults?

[ QUOTE ]
Are we to assume thyat God used his omnipotence to forsee their sins and planned out the appropriate faults billions of years ago to punish them appropriately while still fooling the geologists?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, but I think I might dig up my old copy of Populous and see if it's at all playable on modern hardware. Gimme dat mana, babe, I'm saving up for Armageddon!

Ok, seriously, I question the basic assumption that God would intervene on Earth when bad people do bad things. Where is His +EV? If a sinner's gonna be swimmin' in brimstone for eternity, why does it matter if the punishment starts early? 50 years is literally nothing, when compared to forever. If God kills a youthful sinner, He denies that person a chance to repent and become Heaven-worthy later in life. If He is doing it to scare people into shaping up, then why commit the injustice of arbitrary punishment and invariably killing off some of his own innocent faithful?

That, ladies and gentlement of this supposed jury, does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit.