View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Easy $50 MTT question

[ QUOTE ]
Generally, yes. A M of 6.5 is desperate, but certainly not reason to push KTo. You did have time, and you certainly don't climb many spots, often, by pushing KTo in MP (which UTG3 is anyway)

People misinterpret M sometimes, it states how many orbits you can play. Of course there's the next blind jump to consider, but, really, I'd rather wait for a decent hand even if the wait costs me chips. Because I can double again and with antes in play at this stage, even with an blind increase, your M will be larger than 6.5 if you do get called, even at the next blind level.

Make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess i have to disagree with your thoughts on waiting, but of cousrse thats why i asked the question. Baiscally i'm down on the 'dead zone'to use Harrington's terminology in about 6 hands. While a double up if I waited 10 more hands puts me at or around 6.5, again, i'm still desperate. If I steal this I added a good % of my chipstack. If I double up I now have a lot more options available to me, including stop n go's and possibly loose calling short stacks.

The crux of the hands seems to be whether KTo is good enough, and the response seems to be predominatnly, yes, it is barely good enough.