View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Im not doing as well at HU SNG\'s as I thought I would

I don't care who you are... you should respect maxv2's advice.

Unforutnately, there aren't any regular posters at those stakes... I do know that the game is TREMENDOUSLY different than the lower stakes matches from watching $5000's once in a while... but I think at higher blind levels the game would become more similar to the lower stakes.

I play 50-100's, and when I get to the 50/100 I try not to minraise... If I'm going to raise I still raise 3X. But I also limp when I would normally raise so that I can repop if my FOE tries raising me often. The way I look at it is if you minraise from the SB he can reraise forcing you to fold most of your raising hands... but if you limp you can certainly reraise with the hands you would normally fold. Sort of a reversal...

This is obviously opponent dependant. Most players at lower stakes tend to tighten up WAY too much at higher blinds... so raising often would be appropriate. I imagine at high stakes opponents don't play too tightly.

Something else to consider... is the SAGE method. There has been a recent discussion about it and it applies to SB/BB confrontations when one of the stacks is <10BBs (Level 4 HU) It is starting place when deciding to push/fold.

Lastly, I can't imagine your sample size is that large at those limits if you haven't been doing well... who would play 200 $5000 HU SNGs with a horrible winrate?! So some of the frustration you are experiencing is likely the short term.

Good luck... and you should post in the HU forum more often~

~rob