View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Bringing my computer in to get reformatted

I own a computer and tech support business and I get jobs like yours fairly often. While I don't mind helping people on the forum, it's nice to see small businesses like mine still get some jobs from time to time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Stihgnob, has a good point. While most computer tech's #1 motive is to get your computer fixed and back to you as soon as possible, there is alot of personal sensitive data and people just leave wide open for prying eyes. I would at the very least delete any thing you don't want anyone to see, as Stihgnob said. Granted, deleting is not erasing but a person would have to go to alot more work to see your senstive data if it's been deleted compared to if you just left it in My Documents.

As for the poker apps, I wouldn't worry about uninstalling them but you might consider logging into them and clicking "sign out" and unchecking the "automatically sign me in" box. That way, no one could just auto sign into your poker accounts and play if they wanted to.

Again, this is probably all overkill but it's better safe than sorry.