View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Re: OESD played fast

[ QUOTE ]
The line I took here was based on my feel for it and trying to win the hand with other than a str if my action could create the opportunity to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand that. Iīm contending that your "feel" for what was the best line was wrong. Iīd do a calc if I felt it was close, but I donīt think it would end up being close at all.

[ QUOTE ]
You won't know unless you try it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This line of reasoning could be applied to all sorts of bad plays, but it doesnīt change the fact that they are still bad plays.

[ QUOTE ]
It also does what you always want - make it harder for others to know where you're coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]
I come from the belief that the goal isnīt to confuse your opponents, but to make the most EV. If itīs particularly close, making it harder for your opponents to play against you in the future might be a deciding factor, but here it isnīt.

The most blatant mistake you made in this hand, imo, was betting the turn, which you quoted as something you "especially" disagree with. Iīd like to hear you explain why betting the turn has a higher EV than checking.