View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 River

The thing that gets me about this hand is the check/minraise check line he took on the flop and turn. I mean what person with what hand stops betting after a check minraise? Q9? QQ? And the river heart scared him?

I have a very hard time putting him on a draw here. A guy with a draw will (>95% of the time) either play passively and check/call until he hits, or will play aggressively and check/raise and bet and such. But checkraising small then checking on a relative blank? Nobody semibluffs like that!

In fact any hand he could have I can't understand his sudden change of aggression. The huge majority of the time he's either betting his hand or he's not. Unless the Q changed things heavily, this just doesn't make sense. Not that I'd dare accuse online players of always making sense, but at least something is going through their head. Had we checked the turn behind we'd have a much better idea of where we stand here, and be facing a smaller pot (though obviously that line has its own drawbacks).

This was mostly rambling, but I'm wondering what sense other posters make of the flop-turn combo and what sense the river makes. I'm not sure I'm reading this donkeyness correctly. Meh.

Everett