Thread: Exploitability
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Exploitability

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post Steve

How does this all of the above relate to this:

[ QUOTE ]
That's a ridiculous comment. If small blinds will all of a sudden make crazy plays because you put in 30 or 35 thousand rater than 25they are heavily exploitable. The bottom line is that you must bet an amount that won't be flat called.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1

This has bothered me for weeks but I couldn't put why into words.

[/ QUOTE ]

God that pissed me off so much. Sklansky was responding to a question of mine when he said that. I didn't bother arguing cuz I knew he wasn't even going to read the thread and it would just get buried in that huge thread anyway.

In order to exploit something like that, you would have to know the person was doing it and get an opportunity to take advantage in the future. Since DS said he would fold to the all in and assume that guy had some absurd range like TT+ or AQ+, he would generally not see the hand showdown, and even if he suspected that SB was pulling a fast one, he doesn't seem like the sort to make the big call there with like AJ or something the next time around.

But more importantly, THERE IS NOT LIKELY TO BE A NEXT TIME AROUND. Even if SB shoves, Kathy wakes up with KK and calls, DS folds, and he finds out that SB had 74o, how is he going to exploit that? Wait until the next time he is on the button with AA against the same SB and a similarly stacked BB and make the same raise?

And even if that same situation recurred next orbit, is SB likely to pull the same thing again whether or not he had to show down his hand this time around?

Sorry for the rant. Ironically, DS was responding to me requoting my question and asking why he always selectively responded to only the weakest arguments against him and ignored this objection that multiple people were making. His response was to dismiss it out of hand instead of ignoring it.