View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Amusing Language Barriers or \"Tank you, puppy!\"

i was getting some dougnuts with my oldest daughter for the family about 5 years ago. i had just ordered a couple of dougnuts with sprinkles for my youngest daughter when the asian woman raised up, looked me straight in the eye, and said "da o long?" i said excuse me? she repeated "da o long". this went back and forth for about a minute. theres a long line behind me. im looking at the people in line for help but noone is helping me. the woman is finally almost screaming "da o long! da o long! da o long!"

finally the old woman behind me said-did you order sprinkles? i said yes. she said she must be saying dot or long. describing the 2 types of sprinkles. i said"you gotta be [censored] kidding me! DOT!DOT! i yelled at the lady.(i had no idea that sprinkles came in different sizes)

as shes finishing my order i hear all the asian ladies laughing behind the counter snickering da o long, da o long like thwey are telling each other about the retarded american and they are all laughing.

i never went back i was so embarrassed. my daughter still occationally jokes with me when im not paying attention to her and ill say "what?" and shell reply "da o long"