View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Another Tivo thread...

try to get advice from people who have actually used a tivo for an extended period of time. anybody will like having a functional dvr a lot more than not having a functional dvr, but that doesn't tell you what is better. the tivo software and interface is mind-numbingly superior to everything else i've seen/used. even though it would be much better than nothing my award-winning, sold out, waitlisted digeo moxi hd dvr sucked so hard in contrast that i only used it for recording hd. i split my cable and recorded all sd content on my tivo series2. now i own an hd tivo series3 and it is amazing.

the series2 works with both cable and satellite. if you get a lifetime unit you can resell it later. since they stopped offering lifetime service there's a premium on it. that should continue, but the series2 doesn't do high definition so that should bring it down in value over time. lifetime is associated with the unit itself but the hard drive is the only thing you'll hear about breaking. they can be replaced (or upgraded) with standard ones like you get at best buy, although some software tricks are required.