View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 10/22

The new deep tables seem to be a success which I am thankful for. However, they are not really deep tables when you allow people to buy-in for 20BB or any amount less than 100BB. How about you really spread a deep stack game, 100BB minimum and 400BB maximum. Or if you are too worried about players busting too fast at 400BB, 300BB or even 200B, but the minimum has to come up from where it is now...

I like the tables because I like deep stack NL poker. When I have to sit with half the table buying in for <100BB, many with the minimum possible, I can no longer "play poker" with these players past the flop, as any serious action PF and on the flop results with them AI before the turn or river. I would rather play poker instead of flipping coins for 20BB at time.

Also it wouldn't hurt to put their existence on the "news" pop up on log in. Considering they are all non traditional limits, many players have no idea they are even there. It is VERY common during a session to have some observer pop in with "what is 'deep 6'?". Maybe even talk one of your pros into doing a "tips" on deep stack play.