View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Gaming girls w/ poker...Y/N?

I used to have this problem. The trick is to say "I'm a professional poker player" or "I play poker for a living" with confidence and excitement. If you're anything like I was, you probably feel kind of ashamed and awkward about how you make your money. You need to stop this and talk about poker the way Steven Spielberg would talk about how awesome it is to be a film director. If you do this, most girls will be intrigued.

Don't mention how much money you make--this comes across as needy and seeking validation. If the girl asks how much money you make, answer with something vague that indirectly shows you make plenty of money, like "I make enough to pay my rent and take care of my car payments."

Another thing is that if a girl wants to [censored] you, she will regardless of whether you play poker or not. It may even make her want to [censored] you more, since you're engaged and a "dangerous" activity and are therefore exciting. As far as potential gf material, are you really looking to date the kind of girl who would have a problem with you playing poker for a living? Any girl I would be in a relationship with would be open-minded enough to accept what I do.