View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Turn

well..since I was goning to post this in #2 ..I mine as well post it here..

Setup
$650 PokerStars Qualifier for the PokerStars Carribean Adventure (PCA)
9-Handed
Blinds 10/20
Hero is Strassa
No reads on villain

Stacks
Hero (CO) t2540
BB t3245

Pre-Flop
All fold to hero who has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and raises to t80. Button and SB fold. BB calls t60.

Flop
Pot: t170

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks. Action is on the hero.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are many ways to play this...and many ways to lose w/ this..I have been involved in hands like this...well,..not exact, exact...But it does seems as if when I move in w/ only the 2 bottom pair I come up short a lot, even when ahead...But in your scenario there isn't even an overcard out there post flop....

1. Pre-flop...

First off why are you raising to 80 to begin w/ holding 57s?

To obviously steal the pot right there....or..you've had to much to drink....or won your way in via a freeroll and just play bad

I just can't get by the pre-flop move. just to much risk vs. reward..It makes little sense to make moves at this stage

when the BB calls that big raise...you have to put him on a big hand....that is unless he's dumb and won his way in via free- roll as well..Or Maybe he put u on a pre-flopsteal which is what u tried....So he could have any big A. to overcards or ..big/low PP..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. post- flop

from the look of the pre-flop actions the hero appears to have tons of gamble in him....So,..if he's going to make that raise in that spot, for that little money, he's likely a randy player that is capable of doing anything.

How much Post flop?....pot his what, 170..well..I don't know what the hero would do, but I would move all in or KILL that pot by so much it's like an ALL IN. A 1200 bet may not be an option anyway because It's doubtful you'll push half of your chips when you know you're going to put them in the rest in anyway. (maybe though)...U could still do damage w/ 1250 chips left if a trouble card comes on the turn and u make an all american lay down.....Slow playing isn't an option. Right now your ahead...it's not the time to wus out. Make the villian decide.....

The only way I see it is the only way u get a call is if he has a set.....a flush draw....or a big pocket pair.....I just can't see the BB having a straight draw by calling that raise unless he has 66 or 88....I guess that those are some options that can crush u..and u do only have bottom 2 pair...

You're beating 3 of those off the bat....If he has a set youre toast...but u still have 2 cards and you're not burnt yet...this is poker stars..and you'll hit ur boat.

I say push.....he'll muck........and you make a promise to yourself not to get into these perdicament this early any more.

Now I see the turn..and the check raise by the hero....again...I would have put him all all after his re-raise w/ the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] that card doesn't look like a danger card to me..

go ahead..flame away.....call me weak/loose..stupid/loose or call me a donkey....