View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Turn

I am replying, to this one as well as the others, without looking at any other responses.

This is about the best situation imaginable. A seeming blank hits on the turn AND our opponent checks. This restricts his hand range enormously. If he had the straight or overpair or top pair, I have to believe he would bet here to extract chips (too much chance we will check behind). I am virtually certain he is on a draw and is checking in hope that we will check behind so he can get a free card. The other possibility was that he was on a pure bluff but has a queen so now that he hits he is no longer bluffing so he abandons his plan to bluff the turn (I consider this much less likely). We CANNOT afford to give a free card here. We have to deny him drawing odds. I would bet 700 here. If he calls, I will proceed with caution if a scare card hits on the river, checking behind if he checks but calling a reasonable sized bet. If he check-raises here, I am guessing he has a reasonable hand or draw, but I still am almost certainly ahead. At that point I am pot-committed and will get all my chips in.