View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Capone0\'s NFL Rankings after week 11

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's(given Indy will probably have HFA)

[/ QUOTE ]

very bad "given"

most likely case? sure but its far from a lock, especially with 2teams 1gm back and no guarentee that Indy will have tiebreakers on both

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sir, let's look at the schedule:

Indy (9-1) has PHI, @TEN, @JAX, CIN, @HOU, MIA
SD (8-2) has OAK, @BUF, DEN, KC, @SEA, ARI
BAL (8-2) has PIT, @CIN, @KC, CLE, @PIT, BUF

Now if IND loses at Jax and Cin (reasonable but by no means likely) then they'll finish 13-3.
If SD loses to DEN and @SEA (reasonable but by no means likely) they'll finish 12-4 and the Colts will have the Conf tie breaker (although irrelevent there)
If BAL loses once to PIT and to both KC and CIN (two high powered offences that could potentially tax that D of theirs) they'll finish 11-5.

Of course Indy could drop this weeks to a McNabbless PHI and SD could run the table, for that matter so could BAL. IND could also run the table and, as they control their own destiny, make all other games obsolete.

Interesting notes for the Colts- They had some bad luck, with a dash of bad play and a heap of bad coaching (did Dungy actually look at anything he was [or wasn't] challenging) and they went down and as a result, it seems IND will be forced to actually play the starters through week 17 and not parade the JV team for a month. This loss could work out in their favor.

As for SD. They're really the Colts new achilles heel and if anyones gonna challenge them on top, it will be SD (IND v. SD AFC Champ game anyone??). They handled DEN with Merriman gone, one can only assume what they'll do when he gets back.

As for BALT, they're the weakest of these teams and most likely won't make much noise in the HFA chase (any given sunday however...).

As for the Pats, who currently sit (7-3) they seem to be reeling a bit and their lack of talent is finally catching up to them (a stomping of GB is not a quality win, but any win is nice after dropping 2 straight). They're unlikely as well to be in the HFA chase in weeks 16-17.

Cody