View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 10:00 AM

Default Help! Input needed on $2-$5 NL cash game buy-in

Please folks, help me with my dilemma. I currently live and work in Iraq and about 20 or so of us run a steady, nightly 2/5 NL hold em cash game. The game always fills and sometimes we have 2 tables going. The game is full of newbies that are fish, newbies that have potential, but primarily fish that think they are players. It is prime pickings for me and a select few others. Anyway, I am coming here to "twoplustwo" because I need some favorable backing on my persistent plea to change the buy-in currently in place. As it stands right now, it is a 2/5 NL cash game with a ...are you ready for this...$100 min/max fixed buy in. You can reload back up to 100 but only after your stack drops below $40? wtf! Does this make any sense at all to anybody? Keeping in mind that on average, most players are rebuying 4 and 5 times per night. My suggestion is rather ingenius...let's make the buy-in a spread like every other 2/5 NL game on the planet...duh! How about 100 min 300 max, is that too much to ask? Their response..."you will scare away players with the larger buy-in". Hmmm, so you want to rebuy back into a 2/5 NL game with $100 when you are facing stacks of 400, 300, 500 and sometimes even 1000? . I try to explain it in the slowest most comprehendable way..."This way each player has the option to play however they want, with a short stack or a generous stack". It boggles the conscience that these guys can't grasp the concept. Believe me when I tell you, I am working with poker retards here folks. In other words idiot savants w/o the savant part being established. I am banging my head off the wall trying to get these "players" to see the light. Please help me convince these "players", and I use that term lightly, that a $100 fixed buy-in is completely ridiculous when the blinds are 2/5. $100 is even too low for 1/2 NL in my opinion. Please help with any feedback. Thanks in advance.