View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Minraises by decent players- dangerous?!!

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of SSNL games feature min raises which really annoy me. If I have a halfway decent hand like TPTK, I am reraising all day and then folding to an overpush.

It also depends on board texture obv, some ppl like to do this with draws. Also, you need to consider how large the min raise is. Assume $100 NL. If the pot is $3 on the flop, and you bet 2 and get minraised to 4, it is obv totally different to having b/3b preflop with a pot of $22, you bet $20 on the flop and get minraised to $40. The second situation should worry you/delight you a whole lot more than the first.
Also consider stack sizes and how much you both have left behind. If the min raise doesn't leave him with much behind, then he obv just wants to get the dosh in the middle. If you are both more deepstacked, he may feel you have more folding equity and is just trying a cheap steal.

In general, min-raises = annoying, but we just have to learn to deal with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

forgot to mention this part. yep i am definately refering to the second kind- larger min raises- ones that are like over 10-20 BBS.
ALSO forgot to mention- i am generally (not absolutely though) refering to post-flop.